- This event has passed.
Historic Chapel of The Cross Self Guided Tours
July 2 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Chapel of the Cross located on East Moore Street, was built in the mid 1800s. It was developed for the Chapel of the Cross congregation in 1843. One of the oldest churches in the city, it was named after St. Philip’s Church in Old Brunswick Town. It was burned by the British in 1776. The building served as a Union hospital during the Civil War and briefly as a school for African-American children during Reconstruction.